News and Events
May 16th, 2013
Fix the provinces and rural health to make the health budget work for all statement by section27 and rhap 16 may 2013
On 15 May 2013 the Minister of Health, Dr. Aaron Motsoaledi, delivered his annual National Health budget and policy speech (here). The speech provides an opportunity for the Minister and his departmen... Read more
May 16th, 2013
Village clinic patients still receiving health care services in tents
Every month, Lusikisiki Village Clinic serves up to 8,500 people in the OR Tambo District of the Eastern Cape. At the beginning of 2013, the Eastern Cape Department of Health moved the clinic from a b... Read more
May 15th, 2013
Section27 submission on south african human rights commission interim report and update on limpopo textbook delivery
On 30 April 2013 the South African Human Rights Commission (SAHRC) published an interim report of its investigation into the delivery of learner teacher support materials (LTSM), including textbooks a... Read more
May 15th, 2013
Ska partnerem śląskiego "tramwaju zwanego pożądaniem"
- May 15th, 2013 Two exciting opportunities at section27SECTION27 is at the forefront of human rights activism in South Africa. We are a public interest law centre and use the law to protect, promote and advance human rights. If you are passionate about hu... Read more
- May 15th, 2013 Those racist roma again
The decision by the County Court (Törvényszék) of Miskolc to sentence nine Roma persons for racism „against Hungarians” for attacking the car of far-right activists in a sma... Read more
- May 10th, 2013 Section27 and the treatment action campaign concerned about the shortages of food at charlotte maxeke johannesburg academic hospitalOn 9 May 2013, SECTION27 and the Treatment Action Campaign (TAC) received disturbing reports about the shortages of food for patients at Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital.
- May 10th, 2013 Does bias (not) count!?
The police failed to consider that the assault on the chairmen of the Raoul Wallenberg Association bears an anti-semitic bias and failed to investigate the incident as hate crime des... Read more
- May 10th, 2013 A nurse’s role in palliative careNurses play a significant role in hospice/palliative care. In addition to the conventional nursing duties of observing and recording symptoms and treatments, they also provide emotional support to ter... Read more
- May 9th, 2013 Section27 and tac welcome the announcement of a market inquiry into private healthcareSECTION27 and TAC welcome the announcement by Minister Ebrahim Patel that the Competition Commission will launch a market inquiry into the private healthcare sector in September 2013.
- May 9th, 2013 Invitation to the eastern cape health consultationSECTION27, RHAP, TAC, BEMF and RuDASA invite the public to two consultations to discuss the health crisis in the Eastern Cape in Mthatha on the 16th of May and East London on the 18th of May. Read mor... Read more
- May 9th, 2013 Joint statement: fochville community members and section27: the powers of sgbs must not be abused to deny equal access to education!On Thursday 9 May 2013 the Constitutional Court will hear the case of MEC for Education, Gauteng and others v Rivonia Primary School and others (“Rivonia case”). This case revolves around a disput... Read more
- May 8th, 2013 Joint submission on guidelines for the management of tuberculosis, human immunodeficiency virus and sexually-‐transmitted infections in correctional centres, 2013The Department of Correctional Services (DCS) and the Department of Health (DoH) jointly announced the Guidelines for the Management of Tuberculosis, Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Sexually-‐Tra... Read more
- May 8th, 2013 Government closing in on freedom of information
On 30 of April, 2013, in an extraordinary process within 24 hours, the Hungarian Parliament adopted an amendment to the Act CXII of 2011 on the Right of Informational Self-Determinat... Read more
- May 5th, 2013 Warsztaty "kończ bez strachu" na krakowskich seksualiach
- May 15th, 2013 Two exciting opportunities at section27